Upon reopening, and in light of the fact that telehealth modalities are encouraged to be used as much as possible, Elite Eye Care will follow containment strategies with the following protocol:
- Everyone who enters our space, including staff, will be screened for covid symptoms.
- Our doors are now unlocked and independent browsing of our optical is allowed.
- Visitors are prohibited, except in the case of parents with children and caregivers for adults in need. They will be pre-screened in the same way as patients.
- Our team will be wearing face masks for the duration of their time in the office. The team will practice hand hygiene both pre and post covering adjustment/removal. Additionally, all patients are asked to bring a mask to wear to their examination.
- Equipment, room surfaces (counter top, knobs, switches, etc), and glasses will be sanitized between patients with Pure and Clean hypochlorous acid.
- Face and breath shields will be used in all areas as well.
- Frames will be treated after every “try-on session” with UV light to disinfect.
- Staff will clean all surfaces that they have touched throughout the day with an approved disinfectant: Technology, Keyboards, monitors, and mouse , Tablets, Phones. Bathrooms will be cleaned frequently as well.
- Telemedical appointments for medical issues and contact lens follow ups will be scheduled where appropriate to allow for even less patients in our building.