Upon reopening, and in light of the fact that telehealth modalities are encouraged to be used as much as possible, Elite Eye Care will follow containment strategies with the following protocol:
- Everyone who enters our space, including staff, would be routinely screened for elevated temperature and covid-19 symptoms.
- Our doors will remain locked to help control patient flow within our office. We have a sign on our door stating the necessity for patients to call or text our office number to address their needs. In the instance of patients who do not have a cell phone, they will be escorted to an exam room and the case history, review of systems, etc. will be reviewed It is not our policy to allow independent browsing of our optical at this time (see below on how we are handling glasses purchasing).
- Visitors are prohibited, except in the case of parents with children and caregivers for adults in need. They will be pre-screened in the same way as patients.
- Our team will be wearing face masks for the duration of their time in the office. The team will practice hand hygiene both pre and post covering adjustment/removal. Additionally, all patients are asked to bring a mask to wear to their examination.
- Equipment, room surfaces (counter top, knobs, switches, etc), and glasses will be sanitized between patients with Pure and Clean hypochlorous acid.
- Face and breath shields will be used in all areas as well.
- Where possible, staff members will maintain six feet separation.
- When patients are in our parking lot, they can call/text that they are present. Our technician will begin the encounter from the patient’s car via phone call. Our technician will tell the patient when they should come to the door so that she can open the door and escort them directly to a private room. [our technician will open the door after using hand sanitizer/pure & clean to minimize patients opening the door on their own with unclean hands]. It is not our policy to allow congregation of individuals in our lobby even though our waiting room chair are placed 6 feet apart in the even they are needed.
- The following process will allow for less “touching” of frames: After the patient’s examination, they will be taken to an optical lounge area. The optician will come and escort the patient around our optical, asking the patient to point to their frames of interest. The optician will bring the frames down from the board and will present the options on a tray to the optical lounge area (a private room for check out). She/He will then step out so that the patient will have an opportunity to remove their mask and try on glasses. When a frame has been chosen, the optician will take measurements while wearing a mask as well as a face shield (double protected).
- Once the patient is gone, the frames used as well as the rooms that patient occupied will be disinfected with Pure & Clean.
- When the optician is aiding a patient with a dispense or adjustment, she will use gloves and minimize other objects that she touches while using the gloves. When cleaning lenses, we will use Kim wipes and not reusable cleaning cloths.
- We will do frame adjustments and glasses/contact lens dispenses in the car. If it is going to take more than a few minutes, then the patient may be brought in to adjust glasses in an optical lounge area.
- Staff will clean all surfaces that they have touched throughout the day with an approved disinfectant: Technology, Keyboards, monitors, and mouse , Tablets, Phones. Bathrooms will be cleaned frequently as well.
- Telemedical appointments for medical issues and contact lens follow ups will be scheduled where appropriate to allow for even less patients in our building.